Counting to 300 Hours of Exercise in 2012!!

Steps in 2012 (Goal: 5,490,000)

Monday, March 3, 2008

Week 4 - 5K Training - Day 1! (Plan B)

I knew it would happen again, and it did.

Sickness has sidelined my ability to go to the gym.

My 4 1/2 year old and 3 year old boys are both sick. My 3 year old was up all night on Friday coughing, and my 4 1/2 year old got it yesterday. I don't want to spread the germs to the other kids in the gym (although I am quite sure that is where my boys picked this up!) so we are not going to go. Plus, I want a nice, easy day for them to get better.

I do however have a Plan B. It requires DadOf3 to help me though. I have a treadmill upstairs. It is a good one that I bought many years ago (8) when we were still living in Iowa. I have never run on it but I used to walk on it all the time. A few could of weeks ago, I spent several hours cleaning that room and freeing the treadmill. That is paying off today!

So, I will either run when DadOf3 is home for lunch or tonight after supper.

This is a big week. When I get to run, this is what I will be doing:

Walk for 5 minutes to warm up.

(Run for 3 minutes/Walk for 1.5 minutes, Run for 5 minutes/Walk for 2.5 minutes) repeat for 45 minutes.

1 comment:

HappyBlogChick said...

Sorry your little ones are sick. But it sounds like you have a great backup plan, so good for you!

Hope everyone is healthy again soon.