Counting to 300 Hours of Exercise in 2012!!

Steps in 2012 (Goal: 5,490,000)

Monday, March 3, 2008

Week 4 - 5K Training - Day 1! (Plan B - Done!)

Man! This was a tough workout for me. I did it though:

Walk for 5 minutes to warm up.

(Run for 3 minutes/Walk for 1.5 minutes, Run for 5 minutes/Walk for 2.5 minutes) repeat for 45 minutes.

There are too many variables to know exactly why this one was so hard.
  1. It was a tough workout. I had to run 5 minutes several times without stopping. It was hard but I did it!
  2. I worked out on my treadmill at home instead of at the gym.
  3. I worked out at night instead of in the morning.
  4. I worked out right after supper.
  5. I was in a small room with no airflow.
Suffice it to say, I like running at the gym better than at home right now. This may change later. I need to practice running outside sometime too. I have heard that it is definitely different than running on the treadmill. Runners: do you think it is harder to run outside?

I am so glad that I got this workout in! DadOf3 helped me so much! He took the Princess, the Prince, and the Knight on an errand. They are looking for a moon bolt to put up the bunk beds we bought at Princess's school's Silent Auction on Saturday. That seems to be the only missing piece. They should be home by now. DadOf3 is a good shopper though. He likes to look and look before he buys. :)

3 comments:

HappyBlogChick said...

Hooray for getting your run in!

I do think the environment matters when it comes to where you do your run. I like being outside sooooo much more than going to the gym. Most of it, for me, is I can keep myself distracted more easily outside. That might be part of it for you at home vs. the gym.

Keep up the good work!

Da Doo Run Run said...

Good for you for following through with plan B! I can't weigh in on the treadmill question. All of my running thus far has been outside. Sorry your kiddos are sick. I feel like mine have been sick all winter with one illness after another. So looking foward to spring!

Pam said...

It is absolutely harder to run outside. You have the elements, the hills and you are propelling yourself instead of letting the treadmill do it for you. BUT, once you start running outside you'll see even more muscle tone in your legs and core. So there is a definite plus! And you can watch the sunrise or set - depending on your schedule. It's beautiful:) There is just something about running outside. I'll bet once you start, you'll never want to go back to the gym again.

I didn't know you were a runner! I will be checking back often! I'm doing my first 1/2 marathon in May and I can hardly wait:) I love the idea of a running blog - this is great!