Counting to 300 Hours of Exercise in 2012!!

Steps in 2012 (Goal: 5,490,000)

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Week 5 - 5K Training Day 1!

In an attempt to catch up after missing two workouts last week, I skipped ahead a bit.

Today I did Week 5 Day 1

I walked for 5 minutes (ran for 5 minutes, walked for 3 minutes) for 45 minutes with a 5 minute cool down AND IT DIDN'T KILL ME! I will attempt Week 5 Day 2 on Friday. This one includes 8 minute runs. It seems daunting....

It was good to get to the gym. I took all three of my kiddos again and we went swimming afterwards. It feels really good to get into the cool pool after running! The kids were great!

1 comment:

HappyBlogChick said...

A death-free run is a successful run, I agree!

Congrats on your run!

I hear you on it feeling daunting, but you really can do it. Just keep going when you want to stop. Brilliant advice, I know, but it works.