Counting to 300 Hours of Exercise in 2012!!

Steps in 2012 (Goal: 5,490,000)

Friday, March 14, 2008

Week 5 - 5K Training Day 2! (Just keep Swimming!)


Skipping ahead does not to appear to have hurt me! Yippee!!

Today I (walked for 5 minutes/ran for 8 minutes) for 50 minutes!! I ran for 8 minutes without stopping 3 times!

I was really surprised that I was able to do this. I have come a long way from week one when I was out of breath running for even a minute. There were times that I wanted to stop during the 8 minute runs but I did a little self evaluation and asked myself "Why?" Was I hurting somewhere? Nope! Was I breathing too hard? Nope? So I just kept running. (Like in Finding Nemo: Just keep swimming swimming swimming!)

My 6 1/2 year old is a runner. She LOVES to run. One of the best things about her school in my opinion is that they have a 1/3 mile track that goes around the playground. Before the kids get to play at recess, they have to run the track once, twice, or three times depending on their grade level (and behavior!). It has to help the teachers for the kids to burn some energy, and I know it is good for the kids!

Anyway, Princess was with the boys and me at the gym again because of Spring Break, and I really wanted to tell her that I was able to run for my 8 minutes without stopping. When I told her she ran to me and gave me a big hug.

Maybe someday I will be as good a runner as she is!

1 comment:

Da Doo Run Run said...

You did so great! The 20-minute run will be no problem for you, I promise!