Counting to 300 Hours of Exercise in 2012!!

Steps in 2012 (Goal: 5,490,000)

Monday, March 17, 2008

Week 5 - 5K Training Day 3!

I did it!

I actually ran for 20 minutes straight! Woo hoo!!! Best of all, my sister was there with me to witness it. She is in town from Iowa with my nephew so we hauled all three boys to the gym (Princess went back to school today after Spring Break).

I walked for 5 minutes, ran for 20 minutes!!!, walked for 5 minutes, ran for 10 minutes, and walked for 10 minutes for a total of 50 minutes.

I almost skipped straight to week 6 and I am so glad that I didn't. We will go on Wednesday and Friday too. I am going to run 25 minutes on Friday and either Day 1 or Day 2 of Week 6 on Wednesday.

I am seriously just tickled that

A) we went at all because this is vacation for my sister, and
B) I RAN FOR 20 MINUTES WITHOUT STOPPING!!!!!

5 comments:

Da Doo Run Run said...

You did it and then some! Awesome work. Your 5K is a week before mine. Can't wait to hear how you rocked it!

Pam said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Running is very addictive once you get into the groove:)

sauchagirl said...

Hi,
I just found you from another blog. I'm going to follow along with your progress as I am also doing the C25K program. I'm on week 4. Keep up the great work!

HappyBlogChick said...

YOU GO! That's wonderful! Yaaaaaaaaaay! Don't you feel great!??!

By the way, I linked to you in my post today.

Aaron Cunningham said...

20 minute run is a big deal. Good work!