Counting to 300 Hours of Exercise in 2012!!

Steps in 2012 (Goal: 5,490,000)

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I Ran the WHOLE 5K!

Yippee! Yahoo!!

I went to the gym this morning fully expecting to have a difficult time running 25 minutes.
  • I walked for 5 minutes,
  • ran for 20 minutes and thought "Yippee! Only 5 minutes left!",
  • asked myself why I wanted to stop,
  • decided that I felt good enough to run 28 minutes,
  • thought to myself, "I am not hurting so I will just see how far I can go" and
  • ended up running for 40 minutes (when the treadmill automatically slowed down for the cool down),
  • and walked for the 5 minute cool down!
I ran for 40 minutes and it did not kill me!!! I went for almost 4 miles. Woo hoo!

I CAN do this thing!

3 comments:

Da Doo Run Run said...

You go girl! That is so amazing! Good for you! Your 5K race is going to be so easy for you!

Aaron Cunningham said...

Well done!

Trust the program though. Don't push too hard and injure yourself.

That being said...again: Great Run!

HappyBlogChick said...

HOLY COW, go you! Good job!

I am in awe.