Counting to 300 Hours of Exercise in 2012!!

Steps in 2012 (Goal: 5,490,000)

Friday, April 11, 2008

Wednesday Workout!

The boys and I went to the gym on Wednesday. I wish I could have had another run outside but that was not to be. Let's just say that the boys do not sit well together in my jogging stroller! But I ran the whole thing again, and I kept bumping up the speed just to see what I could do. I am about a half mile per hour faster than the first time I ran the 5K without stopping. It was fun! I still cannot believe that I am able to run over 3 miles without stopping. I could not have done that in January.

I will head to the gym this morning with the boys too. It is my last run before my 5K on Sunday morning. We are taking the whole family - so that means DadOf3 is going to have to wrangle a 6 1/2 year old, a 4 1/2 year old, and a 3 year old while I run. I better run fast so I can help him!

I also want to say thank you to everyone who has commented on this blog! It has helped me so much!

Any words of wisdom for my first real race?

3 comments:

Aaron Cunningham said...

It's nice to see those little increases isn't it. :) Good run.

It'll be good for DadOf3, stress builds character, right? :)

Advice, for what it's worth:

Have fun. No point in going out for the first one if you don't have fun and drink in the whole experience.

If you are cutting calories to lose weight, don't the day before, eat a full dose of calories.

Hydrate.

Don't start too far up front, and dont go out too fast.

You won't even think about it because of the excitement, but let that pull you along and be faster than normal.

We expect a nice race report when you get back. :)

Strong legs, and run forever!

Dana said...

Drink lots of water...

Get plenty of rest...

Carb up the night before...

And run, run, run!

No matter how much you want to stop, push yourself a little further...

Good luck!!

Da Doo Run Run said...

GOOD LUCK! I can't wait to read about it!!!!!