Counting to 300 Hours of Exercise in 2012!!

Steps in 2012 (Goal: 5,490,000)

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Last Workout Before My 1st 5K!

Friday morning the boys and I headed to the gym for my last workout before the big 5K! It was a nice, easy run. I really am still floored that I can do this.

I picked up my runner's packet and the shirts are pretty neat. They are long sleeved, but that is OK. I won't be able to wear it much this year, but next winter, it will be among my favorite wardrobe choices!

I am a little nervous about tomorrow. There are butterflies in my stomach. And I think that is good. We are picking up a friend of mine for the race tomorrow. We don't think we will be able to run together because they start people of different ages at different times. We will still go together and come back together.

DadOf3 and the three kiddos will come too. I saw that they had some jumping things for the kids to play on, so they should have some fun too.

This has been fun, and I am so grateful for Supermom and her suggestion to check out the Couch to 5K program. I had never heard of it before she told me. I was in Iowa when I read it and had posted my New Year's Resolution to run a 5K this year.

Yippee! I am almost there!

Now, hopefully I will be able to sleep tonight! :)

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

How did the run go? I can never see myself doing that.