Counting to 300 Hours of Exercise in 2012!!

Steps in 2012 (Goal: 5,490,000)

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Week 3 - 5K Training - Day 2!

The boys and I hit the gym again this morning after we headed to the park from about 9:00 until 10:00. By the time the boys were settled in the playroom (childcare), it was 10:30.

I walked for 5 minutes,
(Ran for 1.5 minutes/Walked for 1.5 minutes, Ran for 3 minutes/Walked for 3 minutes) repeat for 45 minutes. Then I lifted weights. I worked out from 10:30 until 11:45. Woo hoo!

The best days are when the boys can go into the childcare area together. My 3 year old does not appreciate being left there by himself. Hopefully he will get over that when my 4 1/2 year old starts school.

It was a good workout. It seemed easier today than on Monday. I went to bed at a reasonable time last night and ate breakfast before we left for the park. That helps!

I actually looked forward to running today. I am not quite sure yet if I am looking forward to the "alone time" or the actual workout. Time will tell!

2 comments:

Da Doo Run Run said...

I hear you about looking forward to alone time!!!! Great job on working out over an hour. I'm lucky to get the half hour in that it takes to complete the program.

HappyBlogChick said...

Good for you for getting a great workout in!

I look forward to running now, too. Maybe we're getting hooked on the endorphins. We're addicts!