Counting to 300 Hours of Exercise in 2012!!

Steps in 2012 (Goal: 5,490,000)

Thursday, February 18, 2010

To get to the gym...

In order to actually make it to the gym, these are the things that have to happen.

  1. 0 of 4 kids can be sick.  We live 1000 miles from home and I have never had a regular babysitter sitting in the wings. 
  2. I still go if I am sick - unless it is the tummy flu.
  3. I have to put exercise above social mommy get-togethers.  I belong to MOPS (Mother's of Pre-schoolers) and we have a meeting every week and an off week activity every other week.  Unfortunately, I think I am going to have to quit this to get all of my workouts in per week.
  4. I need to be my own workout buddy.  While it is a lot more fun to go to the gym with someone, I have to be my own motivator.
  5. I need to stay motiviated by creating reasonable goals and rewarding myself.
  6. Goal: lose 30 pounds in 7 months.  Very do-able.
  7. Goal: Go to the gym at least 3 times per week.
  8. I cannot give in to the draw of being home alone when my 5 year old is in preschool.  I love Tuesdays and Thursdays at home because I get some alone time when my 1 year old naps. It does not happen at any other time with 4 kids.  This is definitely sanity-saving.  I think I can still salvage some of this time by working out right away after I drop off the Knight at preschoool.
  9. I need to work out at times that work for me and not feel bad if I cannot go when it is convenient to someone else.
  10. Monday, Wednesday and Fridays need to be my regular workout days.  Tuesdays and Thursdays can be back-ups and extra.
  11. I need to have "rewards" every 5 pounds and for 4+ workouts per week.
  12. I need a good menu per week using weight watchers or some other method.

1 comment:

Mrs. Shabby Runner said...

Stumbled on your blog. I'm impressed that your attempting to go to the gym! We live 1,000 miles from family, too and have 4 kids and I know your pain!
Keep it up!